Currently alive, at 66 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
1953 – Born on the 18th of October.
2002 – According to her sister, Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped from her bedroom in the affluent Federal Heights district of Salt Lake City on the 5th of June, at knifepoint.
– Lois and Ed Smart, of the events until two hours later, having been told by the kidnapper that he would kill Elizabeth if she made any noise.
– Just over eight months later, Brian David Mitchell, who was wanted by police for questioning because he had worked as a handyman at the Smart residence for one day in November
– She was recognized during questioning and was promptly reunited with her parents, little sister and four brothers.
– Mitchell and Barzee are being held on $10 million bond awaiting the outcome of mental competency tests.
2004 – Wanda Barzee was also found incompetent to stand trial, and was sent to the Utah State Mental Hospital for treatment.
2005 – Brian David Mitchell was deemed incompetent to stand trial in July, according to this court decision.
– Prosecutors say that Mitchell and Barzee kidnapped Elizabeth to be Mitchell’s second wife, that they held her against her will in the foothills above Federal Heights until October 8, and that they then took her to California, where they stayed until March 5.