Currently alive, at 41 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
1978 – Holmes was born in Toledo, Ohio on December 18th. American actress.
1992 – At age 14 began taking classes at a modeling school in Toledo run by Margaret O’Brien.
1996 – Attended the International Modeling And Talent Association’s Hooray For Hollywood convention in New York City.
1997 – An audition tape was sent to the casting director for the film "The Ice Storm", directed by Ang Lee. She was cast in a small role, Libbets Casey, in the film which starred Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver.
1998 – Her first leading role came in "Disturbing Behavior".
1999 – Holmes played a disaffected supermarket clerk in Doug Liman’s acclaimed ensemble piece "Go".
2000 – In "Wonder Boys", directed by Curtis Hanson from the novel by Michael Chabon, Holmes had a small role (six and one-half minutes of screen time) but nevertheless attracted the attention of numerous film critics with her performance as Hannah Green.
– In "The Gift", a Southern Gothic story directed by Sam Raimi and starring Cate Blanchett, she played the antithesis of Joey Potter: a promiscuous rich girl having affairs with everyone from a sociopathic wife-beater (Keanu Reeves) to the district attorney (Gary Cole), and is murdered by her fiancé (Greg Kinnear).
– Holmes did her first nude scene for the film, baring her breasts and her buttocks in a thong in a scene where her character was about to be murdered.
2002 – In the movie, "Abandon", written by Oscar winner Stephen Gaghan, Holmes was a delusional, homicidal college student named Katie.
2003 – Her next starring role was in "Pieces of April", a gritty comedy about a dysfunctional family on Thanksgiving.
– She was engaged to Chris Klein.
2004 – Played the President’s daughter in First Daughter, which was originally to be released in January on the same day as Chasing Liberty, the Mandy Moore film about a presidential daughter, but was ultimately released in September to dismal reviews and ticket sales.
2005 – Starred in the film "Batman Begins", the most successful film of her career to date, she played Rachel Dawes, an attorney in the Gotham City district attorney’s office and the childhood sweetheart of the title character.
– She and Klein ended their relationship. Weeks after her relationship with Chris Klein ended, Holmes began dating actor Tom Cruise.
– Cruise proposed to Holmes in the early morning of June 17th atop Paris’s Eiffel Tower.
2006 – Holmes appeared in the film version of Christopher Buckley’s satirical novel "Thank You For Smoking".
– Married actor Tom Cruise on November 18th.
– On April 18th, the first anniversary of Katie’s first date with Cruise, she gave birth at St. John’s Medical Center in Santa Monica, California, to a daughter, Suri.