Currently alive, at 66 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
1953 – Born on May 19th in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. American politician.
1984 – Campbell began her career as an elected official in the Ohio House of Representatives.
– Campbell was the primary sponsor for all the laws allowing the financing of Gateway® and the Browns Stadium.
– Campbell played increasing leadership roles including Majority Whip and Assistant Majority Leader.
1995 – She served as President of the National Conference of State Legislators.
1996 – She was elected as the Cuyahoga County Commissioner where she spearheaded Cuyahoga County’s successful effort to move 26,000 families from welfare to work, that task force worked with the Clinton Administration on job development for poor families.
2000 – Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio.
2002 – Jane L. Campbell was elected the 55th Mayor of the City of Cleveland.
– When she took office there was only one pending development project.
– As mayor, she has focused on economic development and reclamation of the city’s Lake Erie waterfront.
2004 – Member of Democratic National Committee from Ohio.
– She was an unpledged member of the Ohio delegation to the Democratic National Convention in Boston.
2005 – Campbell left office, $3 billion in construction and development projects are underway.